Welcome to the inaugural Provincial Government update for GeoExchange BC
The intent of these updates is to provide GeoExchangeBC members with information related to the Water Sustainability Act (WSA) and regulations that are relevant to the geoexchange industry. This may include updates related to legislation and policy development, compliance and enforcement activities, and progress reports related to specific projects and data management from the Ministry of Environment (ENV) and Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations (FLNRO).
In this issue:
- The difference between geothermal and geoexchange wells,
- Registration requirements for geoexchange well drillers,
- Flowing artesian conditions,
- Regional groundwater program activities,
- Submission of borehole records to government,
- Clarification on roles and responsibilities of ENV and FLNRO staff, and
- An updated contact list of groundwater staff with a regulatory role.